Sunday, June 21, 2009

6/21/09


Mylie was singing in the Father's Day program at church today. She wanted to look beautiful ... and she did. We snapped a few pictures before church. Blake was not as cooperative as she was.
OK, I'm pretty happy with this shot. But I would love some constructive criticism on what I could have done better. *Please*
It is SOOC. My settings were
f/2.8
ss 1/2000
ISO 400
focal length 75mm

8 comments:

  1. She's a cutie. As for cc, what I would have done and what other people would have done are probably different. First, you could have lowered your ISO because 1/2000 is way more than you need. I would have either backed up more or shot this vertically. Your focus looks like it'll be fine once you sharpen it some and your color looks good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she's adorable! I totally agree with Janett, just a lower ISO and vertically crop:) Such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what a doll! I think the only thing I would have done differently would be using a lower iso since your ss was plenty high. And maybe sharpen it in ps a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie!

    You might try using a reflector to get more light directed towards her eyes so you can get some catchlights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. My SS was really fast, huh? I had it on apeture priorty because I was taking pictures of my one year old before that. Apparently my camera thought I needed super fast SS. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with lower ISO (if you were shooting it again), and sharpening now. But I don't know that I would choose a vertical crop. I think the bokeh in this photo works really nicely, and her eyes are on different levels, so a you would not really get both eyes at about 1/3rd down for a vertical crop. I like the drape of her hair on our right. . . I might crop a little off the left, but keep the rest! Maybe post a few versions and let us see!

    You had a few questions about my lenses. . . my 28-75mm is my "always on my camera" lens. I hardly ever, ever use the 35 mm lens, partly because I have a Nikon D40, and would have to manually focus this. . . and don't have the greatest eyesight :( for this. Once I "graduate" to the Nikon D90, I might feel differently about this! I do have the Nikon 50mm 1.4, the one that focuses on the D40, and I use this a lot in low light conditions! But the 35mm might be much better for being close up/indoors for this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so cute! I love the flower in her hair. My only suggestion would be to sharpen, it seems a little soft.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!