Sunday, July 12, 2009

7/11/09


It started out as a pretty normal Saturday morning. Jeff was in the garage working on his bike, the kids were in the back playing, and I had just sat down to check my email. I noticed a large bird flying low in the backyard and thought it was a bit weird. 10 seconds later I thought it was really weird WHEN IN FLEW IN OUR HOUSE. I RAN to the garage to get Jeff (because seriously - what was I going to do about the situation).
Turns out it was a CHICKEN! Apparently they can fly. Our neighbor behind us I guess had chickens. Jeff rescued it (it was so scared) and returned it to its home. Mylie and I have not stopped laughing.

2 comments:

  1. See? I keep telling people we have to watch out for this feathered "friends!" I don't know what I would have done if this happened to me! (Yes, I do; exactly what you did; run for DH!) Glad it all turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor chicken must have been scared to death! Glad you got a shot of him/her before you sent it home.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!