Tuesday, September 1, 2009

9/1/09


I was in my office for a bit this morning and realized I had probably better water my plants, since I hadn't been in for almost 3 weeks. I gave this one a little diet coke (it likes it, I promise), then paused and thought about this plant. If memory serves, Sarah bought me this plant when she came to visit me in Moscow one weekend 12 years ago. It is a miracle it hasnt' died! It has lived in 4 different houses and 2 different offices. Sometimes it starts to die, but easily pops back up again.

Sarah called me this morning, just to chat. She lives 4 million miles away, well not really, but Idaho to Michigan might as well be 4 million miles. She is a fabulous friend. One of the many things I love most about her is that I can just be me with her. I don't have to pretend that life is perfect, that I'm a perfect mom or I have perfect kids. I can be real and say it how it is and I know she will never judge me, in fact she'll most often agree or commiserate. I love her to pieces. We've come a long way from two 18 year old college freshman randomly assigned to the same apartment ... actually nothing random about it, we were meant to be friends. I'm pretty sure God had a hand in that apartment assignment.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE you what more is there to say. Thanks for being so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!