Friday, May 15, 2009

5/15/09

Today the kids and I decided to take a trip to the Parker cemetary and visit my Grandma's grave. We stopped to pick up Grandpa (the kid's great-Grandpa) and he and Mylie picked some tulips from his yard. The cemetary is about 40 minutes from his house and when we arrived they walked to Grandma's grave and Mylie lovingly placed the flowers on the headstone.

We spent 20 minutes or so walking around the cemetary (a lot of my extended family is buried there). As we were getting ready to leave Mylie ran back to Grandma's grave, I was slower, with Blake in tow. Mylie was sitting next to the flowers, rearranging them once again. She looked up at me with a tear stained face and said, "Momma, I miss Grandma." My eyes welled up with tears too and I reassured her that I missed her too. Mylie is so sweet and tender hearted. She is only 4 1/2 years old now and was barely 2 when Grandma died. But she is wise beyond her years. She hugged me and asked, "Mom, will Grandma come back from Heaven and be resurrected?" I assured her that she would see her again someday and then her sweet little voice said, "Then why is it taking so long?" It was nearly impossible to stop the tears after that.

4 comments:

  1. Awww Steph, that is so sad and sweet! I'm so srry about your grammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sweet and sad
    but i do love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. My sister was killed in a car accident last year and whenever my 5 year old tells me he misser her I tear up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That story is very touching. Sorry about for the loss of your grandma.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!