On my agenda today was cleaning out my office in Emmett. Along with that meant lots of talking and having lunch with Janelle. I love this woman, seriously. I first met Janelle in February of 1999, when she interviewed and subsequently hired me as a juvenile probation officer. She became my boss, my mentor, my friend, and my confidant. Janelle truly knows me and knows most details of my life over the last 12 years. In fact, she knew Jeff before I did. Today our conversation ran the gamut. We talked about work - both of ours. We talked about kids - both of ours. We talked about family, we talked about husbands. We talked about her grandkids. We don't just talk, we sit in the office with the door closed and cry kind of talk.
I feel so lucky to have her in my life and count her among my closest friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think!